olatunde Akanbi
New member
Before You Spend Your Money on a “Solar Generator,” Read This Carefully !
This is an example of what some people call a solar tank.
Others call it a solar generator, while some call it a solar all-in-one system.
Whatever name you choose to call it, the idea is the same. it is presented as a complete solar power system in one box.
But as your friend, there is one thing I will always tell you.
I will never advise you to spend your hard-earned money on a solar generator without knowing exactly what is inside it.
If I advise you against buying one and you still decide to go ahead, I cannot force you to stop. It is your money, and the final decision is yours.
However, as a professional, you should ask yourself some serious questions before recommending or buying such a system. The question we ask ourselves are the above,
What type of battery is inside the system?
Do you know the battery chemistry, capacity, brand, and actual usable capacity?
What type of inverter is inside it?
Do you know the inverter’s actual continuous power rating, surge capacity and manufacturer?
What type of charge controller is inside it?
Do you know whether it uses MPPT or PWM? Do you know its actual charging capacity and specifications?
Do you have access to the specifications of the individual components inside the box?
As a professional, would you confidently recommend a system when you don’t fully understand the major components that make up that system?
I don’t believe any professional should be willing to risk their reputation by recommending a product they cannot properly evaluate.
The biggest attraction is simple.
You plug it in, it produces electricity, and you’re happy.
But producing electricity is not the same thing as knowing what you’re actually buying.
Beyond the label and advertised specifications, do you really know the battery capacity, inverter capacity, charging system, component quality, expected lifespan, and overall performance of the system?
Before you spend your hard-earned money, don’t just ask, “How much power can this box give me?”
Ask:
“What exactly is inside the box?”
Because when it comes to solar, knowing the components matters just as much as getting electricity from the system.
Don’t say I didn’t tell you.
Robert Emeka
This is an example of what some people call a solar tank.
Others call it a solar generator, while some call it a solar all-in-one system.
Whatever name you choose to call it, the idea is the same. it is presented as a complete solar power system in one box.
But as your friend, there is one thing I will always tell you.
I will never advise you to spend your hard-earned money on a solar generator without knowing exactly what is inside it.
If I advise you against buying one and you still decide to go ahead, I cannot force you to stop. It is your money, and the final decision is yours.
However, as a professional, you should ask yourself some serious questions before recommending or buying such a system. The question we ask ourselves are the above,
What type of battery is inside the system?
Do you know the battery chemistry, capacity, brand, and actual usable capacity?
What type of inverter is inside it?
Do you know the inverter’s actual continuous power rating, surge capacity and manufacturer?
What type of charge controller is inside it?
Do you know whether it uses MPPT or PWM? Do you know its actual charging capacity and specifications?
Do you have access to the specifications of the individual components inside the box?
As a professional, would you confidently recommend a system when you don’t fully understand the major components that make up that system?
I don’t believe any professional should be willing to risk their reputation by recommending a product they cannot properly evaluate.
The biggest attraction is simple.
You plug it in, it produces electricity, and you’re happy.
But producing electricity is not the same thing as knowing what you’re actually buying.
Beyond the label and advertised specifications, do you really know the battery capacity, inverter capacity, charging system, component quality, expected lifespan, and overall performance of the system?
Before you spend your hard-earned money, don’t just ask, “How much power can this box give me?”
Ask:
“What exactly is inside the box?”
Because when it comes to solar, knowing the components matters just as much as getting electricity from the system.
Don’t say I didn’t tell you.
Robert Emeka